Monday 12 October 2015

Butter London – Nail apothecary set


Melt away- Cuticle eliminator

Melt away is quite a good cuticle remover it did do the job it stated it would do. I don't think this cuticle remover blew my socks off, it,s just good I have other cheaper alternatives that do the same job, I do think £17 is a bit expensive for the full size of this product but each to their own if you are willing to spend that kind of money on a cuticle remover that does what it says on the tin that is totally your choice.





Hardwear- P.D Quick topcoat

I found the consistency quite thin which I'm not the biggest fan of but its all personal preference. The polish itself did dry quite fast and it dried glossy, again the price is a bit steep but that's just my opinion.





Horse power – Nail fertilizer

This product states that it will help to strengthen and repair nails, I did feel like it made my nails stronger but I just want to mention just to be careful with this product because sometimes strengtheners can make your nails so hard that they break and you need to have some flexibility in your nails, so unless your nails are like paper I wouldn't recommend the four weeks it says to use this product I would recommend you use this product for 1-2 weeks if your nails are normal. The treatment is good I would spend that little more on a treatment or oil for my nails so if you have short paper thin peeling nails I would recommend this product.





Matte finish – Shine free topcoat

This product has quite a thin consistency just like the other topcoat I mentioned in this post, like I said I'm not a fan of the consistency but that's just my preference. The polish did dry matte so if you like the finish this might be the product for you. I'm not a huge fan of the matte finish so I don't think I will get much use out of this product but if you are in the market for a matte topcoat this might be the topcoat for you.





Nail foundation – Flawless basecoat

This basecoat looks like a peachy nude polish but it doesn't apply that way on the nail at all it dries clear and matte. The consistency of this basecoat is like the two topcoats in this blog post the polish is on the thin side but its not to hard to work with. I think this base coat is fine its nothing to shout about its just ok.





Handbag holiday – Cuticle oil

I am a cuticle oil/cream/butter addict , I don't know why I'm obsessed with cuticle products but I am, unfortunately I'm not the biggest fan of this cuticle oil for a few reasons. Reason 1, the smell I hate coconut and pineapple and the smell of them in this oil is overpowering the smell will linger on your nails, but if you like them smells you will be fine . Reason 2, for me the oil wasn't that nourishing it was ok but I still had dry patches on my nails/cuticles and I used this product religiously three/four times a day everyday for three weeks and using a oil that claims that it's nourishing that many times a day, I shouldn't be getting dry cuticles . And reason 3, I like to apply cuticle oil to the underside of my nail and the brush for this product is quite limp the brush isn't stiff so it was harder to apply the oil on the underside of my nail, but that's nothing major some people don't apply nail oil to the underside of the nail its just I prefer to apply my oil there I feel it helps with the condition of the nail.





I purchased this set from butter London I think its a ok set if you want to try before you buy the bigger sizes http://www.butterlondon.co.uk/treatment-c68/butter-london-nail-treatment-set-nail-apothecary-p625

                                                  Thanks for reading
                                                        Kylie xxx




Left hand after 2 weeks


Left hand before use of Horse power
 




Right hand before horse power
Right hand after 2 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment