Friday 8 May 2015

My four nail must haves


If your not sure what products you need to help your nails grow and look good I am going to talk about four of my nail must haves.


  1. A nail file
  2. A nail file is a simple yet a obvious product but you can get many types of nail file, the emery board ,glass,crystal and metal, they all file down your nails but they are all slightly different. I use and personally prefer a glass nail file, I used to use a metal file and always wondered why my nails kept breaking and peeling, then I got a glass nail file. My nails didn't change over night my nails still break now and again but I have had no peeling since I changed to a glass file. Choosing a file is personal preference yes a glass or crystal file may cost that bit extra but for me I have had my glass file for years you just have to look after it and make sure it doesn't break.


  1. A four way buffer

    If you have ridged nails this item might help it is simply a block with four different sides one side is a emery board/nail file to shape your nails which I personally never use but its personal preference. The second side is usually to smooth your nails, it helps reduce them ridges in your nails. If you over use this side it could have the opposite affect on your nails and could make them worse so if you are using a four way buffer just use it once a week. The third side usually is a buffing side this side just buffs and smooths your nail, this side just works along side, side two to reduce your ridges. The fourth and final side is the polish side and it makes your nails look like they have a top coat on them, obviously the shine wont last days but I know this side you can use when you want, just for them days when you want your nails to look nice but don't want to faff about with nail polish. Obviously not all four way buffers are going to be the same this is just a general just of what the ones I own are like, plus a little fact the rubbing motion the buffer makes will help promote nail growth.

    1. Cuticle oil/ cream

      Cuticle oils and creams are good to use after you have used your four way buffer because it puts some moisture back into your nail. Cuticle oils can come in a nail polish like bottle and you can just paint it on and they can come in a tube its just personal preference and depending on the brand you like. Using a oil or cream also makes it easy to push your cuticles back which makes the nail look longer , when pushing your cuticles back it is good to use a hoof stick it just helps with the process, you can easily pick them up for cheep at a pharmacy.

    1. Hand cream
      Its all good your nails looking nice and long but if your hands are looking crusty and dry its not exactly pretty there are many different hand creams out there. Just remember your nails may look nice but remember those hands


                   Thanks for reading

                          Kylie x

No comments:

Post a Comment