Monday 6 July 2015

China glaze - Desert escape collection





 Don't desert me  
Don't desert me is a berry fuchsia simmer polish, the colour of this polish is hard to explain because in certain lights this polish looks more blue/pink and in other lights it looks more purple. The first coat of this polish went on really nicely, it was almost fully opaque in one coat,you do slightly see the brush strokes but you can only see them if you are deliberately looking closely at your nails. I did like this polish it only needed two coats, it wasn't a bad formulation the only thing I think is that the colour in my opinion is more of a autumn/fall colour, but you could definitely wear this polish all year round.


Meet me in the mirage
Meet me in the mirage is a very unique copper shimmer polish with hints of salmon and peach in certain lights. This colour of polish is not one I would normally gravitate to when I'm painting my nails but I was pleasantly surprised . I really liked the colour of this polish it's not like anything I have in my collection. The polish was almost fully opaque in one coat, you could slightly see brush strokes but nothing major. The consistency of the polish is good its not to thick or thin. I really liked this polish the colour is nice and the formula is good .


Rain dance the night away
Rain dance the night away is the perfect balance of a spearmint green and cyan blue. This polish has a lovely consistency it's not to thick or thin, it applies lovely and it was fully opaque in one coat. I really like this polish the colour is a perfect summer colour and the formulation is good, this colour is not unique if you look at other spring/summer nail polish collections you will probably find a colour similar to this one but the formulation of this polish was good it didn't apply streaky and you could apply one coat and get away with it, it also dried quite quickly.

Don't mesa with my heart
Don't mesa with my heart is a cerise pink polish, I have to be honest with you I am not the biggest fan of this polish the consistency if this polish is on the thinner side and it applied streaky and patchy. I had to paint three coats of polish and I still could see some of my nail line. The colour itself is lovely but it's not anything special I'm sure you could find a colour like this from many different brands, unfortunately this isn't the best polish in the collection which is a shame because the rest of the collection is really good.


The heat is on
The heat is on is a bright red polish with a jelly formula. The coverage on the first coat was good it applied non streaky, I painted two coats of polish and could see some of my nail line but nothing major, a third coat might help or applying a white base would also help. The consistency of the polish was good like the majority of the polishes in this collection the consistency was not to thick or thin and the polishes dried quite fast. I am personally not the biggest fan of red nail polish but this is a nice bright red for summer and its very wearable I think it would suit most skin tones.


What's she dune
What's she dune is a light tan polish with a hint of grey. I am not the biggest neutrals fan I love my bright colours but there is something about this colour I like and I can't put my finger on it. This polish applied lovely it almost applied in one coat, the consistency was also good like most of the polishes in the collection it wasn't to thick or thin. The brush on this specific bottle was cut differently than all the other polishes in the collection it was cut in the shape of a doe foot applicator, the shape didn't hinder the application but I don't know if it's supposed to be cut like that or if its supposed to be flatter like the other polish brushes in the collection.

 



                   Thanks for reading

                          Kylie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment