Monday 28 December 2015

My favorites of 2015

Blogging

This year I started my blog and I have really loved doing it, I am probably the most boring 23 year old ever, I love my home comforts I don't party much I would rather be all cozy at home in my lounge wear than out and about but that does get a bit samey after a while but blogging has just changed my routine and I love it. I may not be the greatest wordsmith in the world but I am passionate about nail polish and nail care items and I hope that comes across in my blog posts, and that is why blogging is one of my favorites this year.


Indie polish

I still love mainstream nail polish brands but I discovered indie nail polish this year and I'm glad I did. The indie market I feel is a lot smaller but indie sellers can experiment more with glitters and colours because they don't have to impress the masses of people, but that's what I love about indie sellers the creativity of there polishes and the variety they produce. I am not the biggest fan of the prices, indie polishes are sightly more on the pricey side and can be harder to buy but I love the diversity.


Cuticle oils/ Cuticle products

I loved and cared for my nails before I started blogging or so I thought, I didn't realize how bad my nails and cuticles were until I started taking close up pictures of my nails for blogging. I invested in cuticle products and now I'm slightly addicted to cuticle oils, balms and butters I'm so addictive I have filled two muji drawers full of just cuticle products. I honestly try to persuade everyone in my life to use cuticle oil because its really beneficial it will help soften your cuticles but it also helps your nails to be healthy and grow and be in the best condition they can be. I can honestly go on for hours about cuticle oils and cuticle products and that's why they are in my yearly favorites.


Monthly nail subscription boxes 

I used to be subscribed to glossybox, birchbox and all the usual beauty box suspects and I just never felt like I was getting my moneys worth I was receiving the same products on different months, but this year for me seemed to be the year of monthly nail subscription boxes and I'm addicted I haven't received a double of a product and I feel they are worth their money. I subscribed to three different boxes this year Meebox, Nailbox and the Paint the rainbow box. Meebox and nailbox contain more mainstream brands like nails inc, china glaze, O.P.I and elegant touch and you can get tools and treatments in the boxes but the paint the rainbow box is provided by the site Rainbow connection which sells indie brands, the paint the rainbow box has a different theme each month and the site works closely with the polish brands to make polishes especially for that months box, the paint the rainbow box is slightly on the expensive side but the polishes are one of a kind and made for that specific box and month so I can understand paying a little bit more for that subscription box.     










The born pretty store

I didn't find out about this website till a lot later in the year but once you have a look on the site and see the prices and notice the free worldwide shipping the site will get slightly addictive. I wanted to get into nail stamping and be more experimental with nail art and I came across this site and saw that they sell stamping plates at really cheep prices so I decided to get a few, now the only downfall is that your parcel will take 3 weeks maybe longer to arrive because I think they are shipping from Singapore so your parcel might take a little while but they have a lovely customer service and sometimes they pop an extra into your parcel. The prices are really inexpensive a stamping plate can be as little as $0.99 which is 66p which in my eyes is a bargain especially when the postage is free. The site does have a lot of nail art items but they also stock jewelry and beauty products at really good prices I would defiantly advise you check the website out. 


Bornprettystore - http://www.bornprettystore.com/




I have had a really amazing year and I hope 2016 will be just as good, I hope you all have an amazing healthy and happy 2016.



                     Thanks for reading 

                           Kylie xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment